Thursday, February 15, 2007

February 15th Daily Word and Visions from God

Hebrews 11.1-21-By faith Abraham, when he was tested, offered up Isaac...
Exodus 13-14-"The LORD will fight for you while you keep silent."
Proverbs 5-For the ways of a man are before the eyes of the LORD...
Exodus 34.29-35-But whenever Moses went in before the LORD to speak with Him, he would take off the veil until he came out; and whenever he came out and spoke to the sons of Israel what he had been commanded, the sons of Israel would see the face of Moses, that the skin of Moses face shone. So Moses would replace the veil over his face until he went in to speak with Him.
---
One of those chunks of snow you see behind the wheels on cars. A chunk of snow created by snow that has been run over. Maybe even a little slushy. Snow picked up and thrown around the wheel well until it packs with other snow that has been picked up. It packs together, gets heated a little and bonds together like ice. The packed snow picks up road dirt and then finally falls off. A rough life for some snow. But together with other snow on a similar journey it bonds together. Faith is like this. It is a testing. In faith I can feel that road tested bonding with others like Abraham. I become bonded with other tough snow and unite with them in my faith in God. Bonded; knowing that in the struggle and on the dirty road, God fights for me. God gives His Life for me. The path is tough. Knowing that my actions are before the eyes of God and that He is aware of my sin and my good; I have faith in God and bond with other road tough Christians along the way. I also know the hope that some day our bond with Christ will produce that shining glory that is only God's. And the brightness of this Light will cause us to fall and separate from the dirt of this earth to be with Christ in His glory. But for now. I'm bonding with those other road tough dirty tested Christians I meet along this road of life together.
---
Lord, you test me day after day---I fail the test on my own---but I place all my hope and trust and faith in Jesus, who has passed that test for me. Bond me with Him in a tight bond of faith this day. ---Amen

No comments: