Monday, December 12, 2005

December 12th People Reflection

Monday 12/12/2005

Philippians 1.1-11-I pray that your love will keep on growing and that you will fully know and understand how to make the right choices.

Ezekiel 18-The lives of all people belong to me

Isaiah 47-Surrender your royal power and sit in the dirt…

Psalm 110-He will drink from the stream by the path; therefore he will lift up his head.

Deuteronomy 6.1-9-You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your might.

Psalm 78.1-8, 38-39, 69-72-Yet he, being compassionate, forgave their iniquity, and did not destroy them

"Hey, it works now!"- Steph talking about her MP3 player after I told her to replace the battery. Her contention was that the battery she just put in was new too. I think about God’s love and batteries- how if I have a fresh battery – the right one- a good battery my love will keep growing- how with God’s battery in my heart I really belong to him- because without this gift from God I would not be able to function- even if I became rich, powerful or famous – without this gift of life from God I would be nothing- useless- and with this battery of life from God I will love God with all – with everything I have- because I would not exist at all if it weren’t for God—yea God loves me so much – he changes out the new-bad battery in my heart and being compassionate forgives me and saves me and keeps me going- I will gain my strength from that stream by the path of my life and watch for opportunities to renew others and to be renewed by God- "Hey, it works now!"

Prayer- Lord, replace my worn out battery – forgive me- renew me- and send me with your love in my heart into your kingdom- with a new, fresh battery. -- Amen

No comments: