Wednesday, December 07, 2005

December 7th People Reflection

Wednesday 12/7/2005

Ephesians 4.1-16-Christ has generously divided out his gifts to us.

Ezekiel 10-11-But for now, I will be with you wherever you are, so that you can worship me.

Isaiah 42-Tell the whole world to sing a new song to the LORD!

Psalm 147.1-12-his understanding is beyond measure

Revelation 22.1-6-Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, bright as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb through the middle of the street of the city. On either side of the river is the tree of life with its twelve kinds of fruit, producing its fruit each month; and the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations.

Psalm 84-How lovely is your dwelling place, O LORD of hosts!

"Middies!"—A bunch of girls at a bowling lane with one big cheering shout just before the game was to begin. They bowl individually and as a team. Some are good under pressure and others may fold- Christ provides for his church like this team- gives out gifts generously- beyond what we need or can imagine- and he will go with us to the "away" games too- he gives us understanding when we need it- understanding that goes beyond measure- cause we will never understand it all- we aren’t capable of it and probably don’t need to anyway- but Christ provides all we need- he feeds us with the crystal clear waters of our baptism in the ever-flowing water from the river straight from the throne of God- and this water nourishes us for service in his kingdom- allows us to daily produce fruit for his kingdom and the healing of his creation- yea- that throne- that dwelling place of God- but then I think how God is always with me- and his dwelling place in with me- I in him and he in me – wherever I go- and I realize how lovely this place is- "Middies"- yea- sing a new song and shout it to the world- our God is great!

Prayer- Lord, hear my cheer of praise for your gracious love this day and let the world know through me that you are Lord and King and Savior of all! -- Amen

No comments: