Thursday, December 08, 2005

December 8th People Reflection

Thursday 12/8/2005

Ephesians 4.17-32-Let the Spirit change your way of thinking and make you into a new person.

Ezekiel 12-13-They are like workers who think they can fix a shaky wall by covering it with paint.

Isaiah 43-When you cross deep rivers, I will be with you, and you won’t drown.

Psalm 126-Then our mouth was filled with laughter…

Matthew 16.13-17-But who do you say that I am?

Psalm 119-169-176-give me understanding according to your word

"The Spirit is in me and gives understanding."- A conversation with a friend- a realization that God is present – in us- with us and opens our minds to understanding we need as we need it- just like in Ephesians- I must let the Spirit change my way of thinking- then when I give myself over to God will God make me into a new person- God is present within and works his way out- changing and renewing my mind along the way- even when I have to cross the deep rivers of life- God is within me helping me – guiding me and won’t let me drown- God is in my boat- or maybe I’m in his boat- because I have been also told that I am a part of the body of Christ- so God is in me and I am in him- just like communion- Christ becomes a part of my being- his body and blood becomes part of my body and blood- he is in me and I am part of that larger body of Christ distributed to the entire congregation- Christ gives me understanding according to the Word- that Word that existed at creation- that Word that gives life- that Word that died on a cross for me to save me from myself and sin and death- that Word that gives understanding- that Word that frees me to be filled with the relief of joy and laughter for what that Word has done for me- it’s not cheap either- it’s not just window dressing or paint on a wall- that Word is a solid foundation- it is the rock that holds the wall together- the mortar and the fix for sin and death- "The Spirit is in me and gives understanding."- But who do you say that I am? – Who do YOU say???- I think maybe the Messiah – that Creative Word of life and love and salvation.

Prayer-Lord, send your Word into me- through me- and throughout me to live, breath, love and serve you and all the world. Grant me the understanding I need today for the work you have prepared for me in your Kingdom.-- Amen

No comments: