Wednesday, December 28, 2005

December 28th People Reflection

Wednesday 12/28/2005

Luke 3.21-38-The family of Jesus went all the way back to Adam and then to God.

Ezekiel 42-43-I saw the brightness of the glory of Israel’s God coming from the east.

Isaiah 63-It’s me, the LORD! I have won the battle, and I can save you!

Matthew 2.1-8, 13-18-Get up…..

Psalm 90-Satisfy us in the morning with your steadfast love, so that we may rejoice and be glad all our days.

"Are you down there going through your ritual?"- Sarah calling down the basement – where I read and reflect – pray and study—Never thought of it as a ritual though- I have thought of it as Psalm 90 states- a time in the morning that God show his love to me- makes me glad and sends me out for the day- I have found it a time to reconnect with God’s family – from Jesus to Adam to God (not sure about all those names in between there though!)- I have thought about it as a time to see the light of the sun in the east from a different perspective- the light of God shining into my life- certainly at 4am I have failed to see the light of the sun- maybe a trip to Alaska is due for that some day- I have thought of it as a time to give thanks for the battles that God has won for me- to understand that he alone saves me- and finally I have thought of it as a time to Get up… - to go into Egypt or Cincinnati too. "Are you down there going through your ritual?" – Yep – almost done now- it’s time to go out and play in his kingdom for the day.

Prayer- Lord, thanks for your time- time to reflect- time to listen- time to pray and time to go--- Amen

No comments: