Monday, December 19, 2005

December 19th People Reflection

Monday 12/19/2005

Colossians 1.24-2.19-You died with Christ. Now the forces of the universe don’t have any power over you.

Ezekiel 27-28-Israel will know that I am the LORD their God.

Isaiah 54-I, the LORD, promise to bless you with victory.

Psalm 136.1-4, 23-26-Give thanks to God-his steadfast love endures forever

Romans 7.14-25-Wretched man that I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord!

Psalm 3-Deliverance belongs to the LORD

"Phoebe come back here!"- Phoebe the puppy visiting at Mom’s house- the dog would explore- she was always being scolded for looking into the wrong places- sometimes I think I’m like Phoebe- but God calls me back to where I should be- he does this through Jesus and the Spirit- so that the universe has no power over me- because Jesus died for me – to save me – to promise victory in the end- wretched that I am- exploring places I shouldn’t – God loves me enough to save me from myself- and this salvation belongs to him- nothing I do- in this I know the God is God and I give myself and love to him. "Phoebe come back here!"- Yea- here I come!

Prayer- Lord, forgive me and call me back when I stray. -- Amen

No comments: