Sunday, December 18, 2005

December 18th People Reflection

Sunday 12/18/2005

Colossians 1.1-23-But his Son became a human and died.

Ezekiel 25-26-I, the LORD, have spoken

Isaiah 53-He was wounded and crushed because of our sins; by taking our punishment, he made us completely well.

Luke 1.26-38-For nothing will be impossible with God.

1 Corinthians 15.50-57-Listen, I will tell you a mystery! We will not all die, but we will all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.

Psalm 130-I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in his word I hope

"I can’t find a thing in this purse."- A lady who stopped by the bench I was sitting at to use it to dig through her purse for money to give to her daughters. We look for God- we dig in our world – we know he is present in this world- but we look- like we lost something- and then – there he is- in a stable- in the bottom of the purse with all the lint and junk- that’s how Jesus came years ago- at the bottom of the heap- he didn’t need to – he was God after all- but Jesus did come to us- as a human and he died- he was wounded and crushed by all the junk I pile on top of him in my purse of life- he took on the punishment of my sin- the things I think are more important than him I place on top of him in my purse and Jesus takes it all on- then when I need him- I dig- and there he is- at the bottom- but as I take him out – I realize that now Jesus is the most important thing I could every want or receive- the mystery at the bottom of my purse becomes my very life- as I take Jesus out and give him to my friends, and relatives- give him to the world- I realize that he gave his all for me and everyone- he gives me life to give to others- and I will not die- but in the twinkling of an eye- that moment I give myself and Jesus to the world- that moment I hear a trumpet call and I am changed- I feel his love flow in me and through me to those that I give Jesus to- my soul lives on in hope and love of a gift from the bottom of my purse – given to me and given to the world in and through me- "I can’t find a thing in this purse." – I think that gift buried in the bottom of that purse found me and changed me forever.

Prayer- Lord, let me pull you out of the bottom of my purse of life- accept the love you freely died for and gave to me and give it freely to those in this world I meet today. -- Amen

No comments: