Thursday, December 22, 2005

December 22nd People Reflection

Thursday 12/22/2005

Luke 1.1-25-And because of John, parents will be more thoughtful of their children.

Ezekiel 33-So listen to what I say, then warn them for me.

Isaiah 57-I am here to help those who are humble and depend only on me.

Psalm 111-His praise endures forever

John 11.17-27, 32-35-When Martha heard that Jesus was coming, she went and met him…

Psalm 124-Our help is in the name of the LORD, who made heaven and earth.

"I can’t concentrate because I don’t know where I left my meter." – One of the tradesmen- worrying about where he may have left his meter- a measuring device that helps him troubleshoot and repair equipment- and tool needed for his trade and line of work- I think John the Baptist was a tool needed for God’s line of work- someone to announce the coming of Jesus- the coming of God in flesh into this world- what if John were lost?- I think God would find another meter- another measuring device for God’s people- god needed John to measure the hearts of all of us- to turn us from our sins- to get in our face and show us that we need forgiveness- so it was and is important to listen to John – to hear his warning- in that warning and the realization that we need a God- we will in turn warn future generations to live and believe in God- to turn from our selfish ways and realize that our only hope is in God- that each of us must remain humble and depend only on God- in this proclamation we will be more thoughtful towards our children and care for their bodies and their souls- we will praise God forever and when we see Jesus coming we will run to meet him- because Jesus will come to each person- sometimes we recognize this and run to him and sometimes he may sneak up on us- but through some person like John in our lives – some measuring device – God will work his way into and through each one of us – "I can’t concentrate because I don’t know where I left my meter." – That meter will measure my life and announce Jesus presence now and forever.

Prayer- Lord, let me hear the announcement of your coming- let me run to you as you approach and let me proclaim my total dependence and trust and faith to you to all the world. -- Amen

No comments: