Saturday, December 03, 2005

December 3rd People Reflection

Saturday 12/3/2005

Galatians 6-All that matters is that you are a new person.

Ezekiel 2-3-The LORD said, "Ezekiel, son of man, I want you to stand up and listen."

Psalm 149-Shout praises to the LORD!

2 Peter 3.8-15a-regard the patience of our Lord as salvation

Luke 1.39-45-And why has this happened to me, that the mother of my Lord comes to me?

Psalm 150-Let everything that breathes praise the LORD!

"Do you want to play cribbage at the coffee shop?"- Bryan asking me out for a game, some coffee and conversation. Sometimes we need to get together- to talk about life- to talk about this adventure God has placed us in- we need to escape in a game- be a little competitive – but the real point is the conversation and relationship we have- and it’s the same with my relationship with God- sometimes I need to go to God to relax – to talk about this adventure he has for me- to become a new person- to put off my old ways and refocus on what God has intended for me- sometimes I need to meet God and stand up and listen to him- and it’s funny the different ways I meet God- I wonder if Elizabeth was amazed how Jesus came into her life- Jesus comes to Elizabeth in the womb of Mary- Jesus comes to John while he is still in the womb of Elizabeth and he recognizes Jesus! – and neither one of them (Jesus or John) – have even been born- John praises the glory of Jesus from the womb of Elizabeth- talk about some timeless patience on John’s part- I’ll bet he just couldn’t wait to be born- to be used by God to introduce the Savior of the world- and once John took his first breath until his last – he was praising Jesus—shouting praises from the wilderness of his life and the wilderness of his world- "Do you want to play cribbage at the coffee shop?" – yes, Lord Jesus- I’ll play cribbage all my life with you.

Prayer- Lord, it’s time to run outside and play today- Amen

No comments: