Sunday, December 04, 2005

December 4th People Reflection

Sunday 12/4/2005

Ephesians 1-Before the world was created, God had Christ choose us to live with him and to be his holy and innocent and loving people.

Ezekiel 4-5-I, the LORD, have spoken.

Psalm 150-His deeds are wonderful, too marvelous to describe.

Mark 1.1-8-The beginning of the good news of Jesus Christ, the Son of God.

Romans 12.1-10-Let love be genuine…

Psalm 115-trust in the LORD!

"We need to set a deadline."- A response about some tasks that needed done from a meeting I attended yesterday. Makes me think of how God already has the deadlines taken care of- Before the world was created, God had Christ choose us to live with him and to be his holy and innocent and loving people. – Now there is no way I can understand that statement- I live in a world with time- time is a gift from God- but then I see and read this and realize that God is beyond time- he can be with me and take care of me before I even know I exist- so when I read again – I, the LORD, have spoken- it makes me really really really want to listen- because God can speak – through, before and beyond time as I know it- God can do things so marvelous – like sending Jesus into my life before I exist- things too marvelous to describe- because they just don’t make any sense to me a mortal person- In Mark- the beginning of the good news of Jesus Christ- well if I look to the Ephesians passage I begin to realize that this beginning was before I even existed- I think???—or did I exist back then and not know it???- doesn’t make sense- so because so much doesn’t make sense- not do I really believe I can make much sense out of it- I must trust in God and let the love he shows me – the love he gives me- be genuine and show that same love to all I meet. – "We need to set a deadline." – Do we??? Or has that already been decided??- Maybe we just respond in love and do the work.

Prayer- Lord, send me today in love to do your work- regardless of the deadline. -- Amen

No comments: