Saturday, December 31, 2005

December 31st People Reflection

Saturday 12/31/2005

Luke 5.1-26-But Jesus would often go to some place where he could be alone and pray.

Ezekiel 48-An area in the center of this land will belong to me…The new name of the city will be "The-LORD-Is-Here!"

Isaiah 66-The people I treasure most are the humble

Galatians 4.4-7-So you no longer are a slave but a child, and if a child then also an heir, through God.

Exodus 3.13-15-I AM has sent me to you.

Psalm 135-Praise the name of the LORD

"There is some mock turtle soup over here now."- Mom makes mock turtle soup this time every year. I usually help in some way. Even once made it myself. Something about bringing in the New Year. I don’t know anything different. It’s just what you’re supposed to do. And you don’t get it any other time of year. People either love the stuff or hate it. I think they hate it because it looks like puke. It’s one of those special things done. I think Jesus time off to himself in a special place was always one of those special times. Time with God in prayer. All people need to go to God in prayer. Do it alone. We all need that. Need to be alone with God. In a special place. At a special time. Sure you can pray in public too and we need to do that also but we must go to God alone in prayer. That’s how we are in relationship with God. It’s a time that we can be completely humble. A time to share it all with God. It’s ok- God is our father. He knows how to listen. He knows how to love and we are his child after all. And God frees us from that slave of sin in our lives. He frees us because we are his children and he loves us. God is I AM—God is real and loves us so much he would go to hell for us- he would take on pain for us and with us- he would save us from sin, death, the devil and ourselves----and he DID! –As we humble ourselves before God in that special place he frees us and we respond in joy and thanksgiving as servants of the great I AM and we praise that name before all the world he has blessed us with. "There is some mock turtle soup over here now."- A special time, a special food—but certainly a real God!

Prayer-Lord, thank you for being special to me and thank you for making me special to you. -- Amen

No comments: