Friday, December 30, 2005

December 30th People Reflections

Friday 12/30/2005

Luke 4.31-44-He put his hands on each one of them and healed them.

Ezekiel 46-47-Wherever this water flows, there will be all kinds of animals and fish, because it will bring life and fresh water to the Dead Sea.

Isaiah 65-I will answer their prayers before they finish praying.

Isaiah 61.10-62.3-for he has clothed me with garments of salvation…and you shall be called by a new name…you shall be a crown of beauty in the hand of the LORD

Luke 13.31-35-Yet today, tomorrow, and the next day I must be on my way…

Psalm 138-For though the LORD is high, he regards the lowly

"Didn’t you see me walk by?"- Sue passed by as I was waiting on a bench at Walmart. Seems like I’m always on a bench somewhere lately. No, I didn’t see her pass by. Maybe I was looking at the lights in the store, at the sprinklers and stuff. Looking up at the ceiling. Some silly thing I do because of my job. What’s this to do with anything. I wonder sometimes if in life I get so wrapped up with it that I ignore Jesus- I ignore God and he walks right by and I don’t even know it – cause I’m looking up in the ceiling at the sprinkler lines or some silly thing like that? I’m sure I do that sometimes. I’m sure I need forgiveness for those times. Then I think about how Jesus healed people. He put his hands on each one of them. I like how his touch enters their lives and heals them. Whenever I have felt Jesus healing- I have felt that touch. You know it is there. You don’t miss it like a walk by because you feel his touch. Like the water of baptism—the baby feels the water- maybe cries- but they feel the touch- an adult feels the wet – or maybe it’s immersion- they stop breathing for a moment- come out of that water- exhale that old life and breath in a new life in God- water that flows through the temple of the body of Christ- water that brings fresh life to a dead sea- Jesus touch- the feel of the garments of salvation- the sound of a new name- the vision of a crown of beauty- a new life- today changed- tomorrow served- the future fulfilled- Jesus doesn’t just walk by – he stops and touches my life- he answers my prayers even before I’m done with them- Jesus doesn’t walk by all high and mighty- he stops to touch the lowly and save each one of us – with a touch of love. "Didn’t you see me walk my?" Yea- I saw you- after your loving touch! – Thanks be to God!

Prayer- Lord, thank you for your touch of love in my life- may you touch others through me this day with your love. -- Amen

No comments: