Sunday, December 11, 2005

December 9th - 11th People Reflections

Friday 12/9/2005

Ephesians 5.1-20-Let love be your guide.

Ezekiel 14-15-I, the LORD God, have spoken

Isaiah 44-You were in my care even before you were born.

Isaiah 61.1-4, 8-11-I will make an everlasting covenant with them

Philippians 4.4-9, 19-again I will say, Rejoice.

Psalm 119.33-40-Give me understanding…

"Thanks for the good lunch."- Taking the guys out for lunch to celebrate Christmas- to celebrate life with each other and to celebrate life given to each of us through a baby born and a life given years ago- a life that was given to me even before I was born- a life with an everlasting covenant- a life that beckons me to see understanding of God’s awesome gift of grace – a live the makes me rejoice every day. – "Thanks for the good lunch." And thanks for the gift of life!

Prayer- Lord, give me joy and life this day! – I give you all the glory and thanks. -- Amen

 

Saturday 12/10/2005

Ephesians 5.21-33-Honor Christ and put others first.

Ezekiel 16-Then I solemnly promised that you would belong to me and that I, the LORD God, would take care of you.

Isaiah 45-The clay doesn’t ask, "Why did you make me this way? Where are the handles?"

1 Thessalonians 5.16-24-Do not quench the Spirit

Luke 12.13-21-for one’s life does not consist in the abundance of possessions.

Psalm 102-your name endures to all generations

"How long did it take you to get home Thursday night?"- Snow at rush hour causing delays in getting home. God will bring me home someday- but where is home?- what is home?- I think maybe home is where I belong to Christ- home is where I am taken care of- my needs are met- where I interact in love with others- where passion exists and the Spirit is never quenched- home isn’t a place to store my possessions or a material place- but a place with God- no need for materials that bring status- because my status is my relationship with God- at home- where I know that God is my creator- the potter and I am the clay- how long will it take me to get home- I guess we’ll see- but for now I will still go home to Christ each and every day and dwell with him in my heart and my life.

Prayer- Lord- take me home in your care and love- Amen

Sunday 12/11/2005

Ephesians 6-Gladly serve your masters, as though they were the Lord himself, and not simply people.

Ezekiel 17-Someday, I, the LORD, will cut a tender twig from the top of a cedar tree, then plant it on the peak of Israel’s tallest mountain, where it will grow strong branches and produce large fruit.

Isaiah 46-I created you. I will carry you and always keep you safe.

John 1.6-8; 19-28-Among you stand one whom you do not know

Mark 1.1-8-The one who is more powerful than I is coming after me; I am not worthy to stoop down and unite the thong of his sandals.

Psalm 14-The LORD looks down form heaven on humankind to see if there are any who are wise, who seek after God.

"I don’t think God meant for us to struggle." – Yea- I agree now that I have thought about it- but I do believe sometimes God does mean for us to struggle in our lives- we live in a fallen world – pain caused by our own sinfulness- God didn’t create that world- I did- God created a world without struggle- but now that I’m in this world- God has meant for me to struggle- struggle with life just like Adam and Eve were sent out of the garden to struggle- but as I struggle I realize that God has cut a tender twig from the top of that tree years ago- and planted it for me to see- Jesus my Savoir- the one who has even now struggled for me and with me- the one who created me and keeps me safe- the one who is with me and stands before me when many times I don’t even recognize him- the one who humbles me and is so much more worthy than I- the one who came down from heaven to take on my struggle- the one who I will gladly serve- "I don’t think God meant for us to struggle."- Well maybe and maybe not- but I know that the struggle is over and the victory has been one- and not by me- but by one who came to take on my struggle and to get me through it all. Thanks be to God!

No comments: