Friday, December 23, 2005

December 23rd People Reflection

Friday 12/23/2005

Luke 1.26-56-With all my heart I praise the Lord

Ezekiel 34-They are my sheep; I am their God, and I take care of them.

Isaiah 58-Shout the message! Don’t hold back.

Isaiah 62.6-12-See, your salvation comes

Luke 2.25-35-he would not see death before he had seen the Lord’s Messiah.

Psalm 7-in you I take refuge

"I remember when it was a Meijers store."- Memory- mine wasn’t all that great- maybe some vague image but not that one- memory- I see elderly with failing memory- but I also see that glimmer of light- that recollection of a specific Christmas carol- God’s light within more than without- memory- the light of Christ shining so brightly within John and Luella and others – and you can feel the praise of God coming out strong – from deep within the heart- yea- they are God’s sheep and he will cake care of them- in their own way- with that memory and bright light within their hearts I can hear the message of God shouting out loud and clear- I can see God in them – even before death- for they have seen the Messiah and take refuge in him- the light of Christ brightly beaming within their hearts- "I remember when it was a Meijers store." – and I remember Jesus that light within my heart- memory or not- his presence is real.

Prayer- Lord, burn your memory deep and to the core of my heart and let your light brightly shine forth in me to the world I walk in this day. -- Amen

No comments: