Wednesday, December 14, 2005

December 14th People Reflection

Wednesday 12/14/2005

Philippians 2.1-11-Christ encourages you, and his love comforts you. God’s Spirit unites you, and you are concerned for others. Now make me completely happy!

Ezekiel 20-I felt sorry for them and could not let them die in the desert.

Isaiah 49-The LORD chose me and gave me a name before I was born.

Psalm 89.1-4, 19-26-with my mouth I will proclaim your faithfulness to all generations

Hebrews 2.5-18-I will put my trust in him.

Psalm 31-Into your hand I commit my spirit; you have redeemed me, O LORD, faithful God.

"Don’t give yourself so much credit."- Well, I wasn’t giving myself any of the credit- just fearing some words I had said were coming true in some way I couldn’t understand. But sometimes I come off as giving myself credit when there is no credit at all. And especially in this situation the credit all goes to God. I was looking at things a little differently- and it was pointed out that God works for the good in situations that seem to me to be heading towards the bad. Christ encourages, loves, comforts and unites our spirits so that we are concerned for others. This is what makes God happy. God feels sorry for us in the deserts of our lives and comes to save us. God is so compassionate and considerate that he thought of us- called us- named us even before we were born- then God puts his words into the mouths of other people so that my eyes will open and really hear him speak- in love and compassion – through all generations with and about his faithfulness and love- "Don’t give yourself so much credit."- Yea- you’re I right! – I hear God speak –I feel his love- and I put my trust in him- into his hands will I give my all and my spirit- for he is faithful and has redeemed me.

Prayer- Lord, keep me humble. I love and trust you and give you all the credit. -- Amen

No comments: