Friday, December 02, 2005

December 2nd People Reflection

Friday 12/2/2005

Galatians 5.16-26-God’s Spirit makes us loving, happy, peaceful, patient, kind, good, faithful, gentle, and self-controlled.

Ezekiel 1-I realized I was seeing the brightness of the LORD’s glory!

Psalm 148-All of you angels, and all who serve him above, some and offer praise.

Isaiah 40.1-11-Every valley shall be lifted up, and every mountain and hill be made low; the uneven ground shall become level, and the rough places plain.

John 10.22-30-My sheep hear my voice, I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish.

Psalm 13-But I trusted in your steadfast love; my heart shall rejoice in your salvation.

"I need prayer." – A friend in need- myself in need- going to God in prayer- together- and individually- mad , afraid, repentant, a whole range of emotions—also prayer in a timeless sense- a prayer that goes beyond any words that can be said- a prayer that goes beyond any timeframe that exists- when entering into prayer time becomes eternal- words change to emotions and spirit- and God’s Spirit takes some of the upsetting emotions and makes them real but also adds some other emotions like loving, happy, peaceful, patient, kind, good, faithful, gentle and self-controlled- it’s funny though how it doesn’t deny the mad and raged emotions- because the are just as real- I wonder if Ezekiel was entering this place with some of his visions of God- when maybe in some form of prayer- he saw the brightness of God’s glory- he heard all the angels and those above offer praise to God- prayer unites us with those past and present- things we can’t even see- prayer unites us – and it most importantly unites us with God- we are in relationship with God- even in our tough times- our sad times – our mournful times- God is there with us- not as an instant cure- but as a faithful, friend – there with us in our time of need- and slowly – sometimes real slowly- things level out- the mountains become level- the hills are made low- the valleys of life are lifted up and the uneven ground becomes level and the rough places plain- God through and in our prayer- does answer- but maybe not just like we think he should- and usually not as fast as we think he should- but he does- in his time- not mine- and if I pause long enough I will hear the shepherd calling his sheep- and I will see the glory of the death of Jesus on a cross that grants me eternal life through grace- a life that will never perish – and I build trust and love in Jesus my Savior- and in this timeless prayer – I can pause and see salvation and rejoice in it – salvation for all who choose to accept this free gift and believe and have faith in God- "I need prayer." – Yea – don’t we all- and I think maybe it’s time we pray- together- for each other and with God presence all the time.

Prayer- Lord, "I need prayer." – Teach me how to pray and be with me always. -- Amen

No comments: