Tuesday, December 20, 2005

December 20th People Reflection

Tuesday 12/20/2005

Colossians 2.20-3.17-Love is more important than anything else. It is what ties everything completely together.

Ezekiel 29-30-I will make the people of Israel strong…

Isaiah 55-If you are thirsty, come and drink water!…Mountains and hills will sing as you pass by, and trees will clap.

Ephesians 4.11-16-as each part is working properly, promotes the body’s growth in building itself up in love.

Matthew 6.19-24-You cannot serve God and wealth.

Psalm 99-They cried to the LORD, and he answered them.

"This piece of fuzz keeps floating back to me."- Fuzz or hair or something like that- it’s static electricity- to get it to float away- Sarah had to get some separation from herself- then it finally fell to the ground- probably stuck to the dog forever now. Reminds me of the passage on love- love ties everything together- makes things work- it also attaches itself to good- wants to stick to good- just like the fuzz- love makes strong- God made the people of Israel strong- after suffering and separation in Babylon- even in the desert- God attracted the Israelites back to the Promised Land and Jerusalem- an attraction with love in the center- with love the body of Christ is built up- it is strengthened- in love God answers our prayers when we cry to him in pain or anguish- and love doesn’t take into account wealth- love itself is wealth- not the wealth we think of in a worldly sense- but love is the wealth in an everlasting sense- but the best image of love today for me is in baptism- in the life-giving water that God lovingly gave each one of us- if you are thirsty – drink!- and then even the mountains and hills will see God’s love in you giving you life and happiness- yea- even the mountains and hills will clap and sing as you pass by- now there is a great applause for the love of God- "This piece of fuzz keeps floating back to me."—Yea- and the love of God keeps coming to me- day after day in rebirth and the joy of my baptismal promise of life-giving water and love from the creator of the universe- Now there is something to clap and sing about- Let that fuzz come back to me and always stick to me – forever and ever.

Prayer- Lord- send your love to stick to me- let me share your love to the world I walk in this day and clap and sing every time I see your love pass by. -- Amen

No comments: