Thursday, December 29, 2005

December 29th People Reflection

Thursday 12/29/2005

Luke 4.1-30They dragged him to the edge of the cliff on which the town was built, because they wanted to throw him down form there.

Ezekiel 44-45-I saw the brightness of the LORD’s glory had filled the temple

Isaiah 64-Rip the heavens apart! Come down, LORD

Psalm 148-Praise the LORD!

1 Peter 2.21-25-He himself bore our sins in his body n the cross

Psalm 51-The sacrifice acceptable to God is a broken spirit

"Don’t get excited. We’re not done yet."- Sarah as I’m waiting on a bench at the Dayton Mall- yea- I’m not done yet- I can get excited but not about my doings- it’s about God’s doings- it’s about his brightness and glory that fills this earth- I must repent- I must realize I was born into sin- I must realize that time after time I drag Jesus to the edge of the cliff- in my town and threaten to toss him over- I am sinful and I need Jesus to rip the heavens apart and come down- come down to save me from sin and myself- and he did- Jesus bore my sins in the pains and suffering of his body on the cross- and in this all I have to offer- is repentance and a broken spirit- for God saves- and in this I can get excited and Praise God! – "Don’t get excited. We’re not done yet." – I know- but you give me so much to get excited about.

Prayer- Lord, forgive me and continue to work on me- and Thanks be to God for your saving and forgiving grace. -- Amen

No comments: