Sunday, August 12, 2007

August 12th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Hallow the years, Lord, they spend together, growing in love, Lord, as you intend; freely forgiving, time without number; selflessly living, time without end. ("This Is a Day, Lord, Gladly Awaited" - Text:Jeffery Rowthorn, b. 1934)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
2 Corinthians 13-Finally, brethren, rejoice, be made complete, be comforted, be like-minded, live in peace; and the God of love and peace will be with you. Greet one another with a holy kiss.
1 Chronicles 3-4-Now Jabez called on the god of Israel, saying, "Oh that You would bless me indeed and enlarge my border, and that Your hand might be with me, and that You would keep me from harm that it may not pain me!" And God granted him what he requested.
Zephaniah 1-Be silent before the Lord GOD! For the day of the LORD is near...
Luke 12.32-40-"Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has chosen gladly to give you the kingdom."
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
Rejoice, pray and hold Me near and dear to your heart, for you are near and dear to Me.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
I love You Lord.
I give You thanks.
I rejoice in You.
I am silent in Your presence.
I am humbled.
I am grateful for all Your blessings.
Give me peace.
Give me joy.
You are God!
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
Thanks be to God! ---Amen

No comments: