Friday, August 03, 2007

August 3rd Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Holy Spirit ever living as the church's very life; Holy Spirit, ever striving through us in a ceaseless strife; Holy Spirit, ever forming in the church the mind of Christ: you we praise with endless worship for your gifts and fruits unpriced. ("Holy Spirit, Ever Dwelling" - Text:Timothy Rees, 1874-1939, alt.)
--- --- ---
Readings of the Day
2 Corinthians 2.5-3.18-For if the ministry of condemnation has glory, much more does the ministry of righteousness abound in glory.
2 Kings 15-16-Only the high places were not taken away; the people still sacrificed and burned incense on the high places.
Micah 5.2-15-This One will be our peace.
Psalm 49.1-11-I will incline my ear to a proverb; I will express my riddle on the harp.
--- --- ---
God's Word of the Day
I form you and create you. I call you and send you. I gift you. You are mine.
--- --- ---
Psalm of the Day
Lord, creator of the Church.
Be with me as I use the gifts You have given.
Be present when I go out to spread Your Peace and Love.
I praise You in the morning.
I praise You in the noon time.
I praise You in the eve.

Gift me with the compassion of Jesus.
Send me with this compassion to those in need.
Gift me with the peace of the Spirit.
Send me with this peace to those in need.
Lead me in Your mission.
Guide my words and actions.

Hear my song of glory.
See my life of praise.
Taste my love and compassion.
Feel my love for You.
Rejoice with me in Your presence.
Know of my trust in You.
--- --- ---
Spirit, it's tough going right now for me. Other's say words and conduct actions that deeply hurt me and my family. Guide me with forgiveness. Guide me with compassion. Lead me to take a stand when needed. Show me when to keep silent. Help me to see the Love and Peace of God. Forgive me when I fail. ---Amen

No comments: