Thursday, August 02, 2007

August 2nd Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
I am the Word that leads all to freedom, I am the peace the world cannot give. I will call your name, embracing all your pain. Stand up, now walk and live! Do not be afraid, I am with you. I have called you each by name, Come and follow me, I will bring you home; I love you and you are mine. ("You Are Mine" - Text: David Haas, b. 1957)
--- --- ---
Readings of the Day
2 Corinthians 1.1-2.4-Blessed by the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction so that we will be able to comfort those who are in any affliction with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.
2 Kings 14-He did right in the sight of the LORD...
Micah 4.1-5.1-"Come and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD and to the house of the God of Jacob, that He may teach us about His ways and that we may walk in His paths."
Ecclesiastes 1.2, 12-14; 2.18-23-Therefore I completely despaired of all the fruit of my labor for which I had labored under the sun.
--- --- ---
God's Word of the Day
When you are angry, I'll show You the better way in Love.
--- --- ---
Psalm of the Day
Lord, I'm so angry at You.
I'm angry with You and Your children.
I'm angry with the cruel people in my life.
I'm angry about all the pain and suffering.
I'm angry Lord.

I'm angry and hateful and need help.
You seem so distant.
You seem so far away.
I don't think You even care!
I'm angry Lord.

This just isn't fair.
I don't deserve to be treated this way!
I hate this life and what it has become.
I can't stand it any more!
I'm angry Lord.

In my anger You return a Word of freedom.
In my pain You call me to embrace the pain.
In my anger You call me by name.
In my anger You are present with me.
I don't know how You put up with me.

In You I am called.
In You I am restored.
In You I am brought home and loved.
In the midst of my shouts of anger You show love.
I don't know why You put up with me.

Through my anger You continue to show me how to love others.
Through my anger You send me to those in pain.
Through my anger You bring me to Your mountain.
Through my anger You calm the storm.
I love You in the midst of my anger.
--- --- ---
Prayer of the Day
Forgive my anger and selfishness. Bring me to Your mountain and fill me with the Light of Joy only in and through You. I'm sorry! ---Amen

No comments: