Sunday, August 19, 2007

August 19th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
O God, you saw my deep distress before the world's foundation, and, with your mercy measureless, you planned for my salvation. You turned to me a father's heart; you did not choose the easy part, but gave your dearest treasure. ("Dear Christians, One and All, Rejoice" - Text: Martin Luther, 1483-1546, tr. hymnal version)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
John 4.1-26-Jesus answered and said to her, "Everyone who drinks of this water will thirst again; but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him shall never thirst; but the water that I will give him will become in him a well of water springing up to eternal life."
1 Chronicles 15.1-16.7-Thus all Israel brought up the ark of the covenant of the LORD with shouting, and with sound of the horn, with trumpets, with loud-sounding cymbals, with harps and lyres.
Zechariah 4-I see, and behold, a lampstand all of gold with its bowl on the top of it, and its seven lamps on it with seven spouts belonging to each of the lamps which are on the top of it; also two olive trees by it, one on the right side of the bowl and the other on its left side.
Luke 12.49-56-Do you suppose that I came to grant peace on earth! I tell you, no, but rather division...
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
I see your sickness and pain. I know what you are going through. I became one of you to set you free. Now go, run and jump, even in pain and sickness; for I have set you free and promised life eternal in and with Me. It's going to be all right. Trust me!
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
Sometimes I'm not so sure about all this Lord.
Sometimes I have doubt. Sometimes I have despair.
But I know that You know.
I know that You care. Care enough to send Your Son.
Send Your Son to die in pain and suffering.
Send Your Son to know what I know.
Send Your Son to teach me perseverance.
Send Your Son to give me all hope.
Send Your Son to give me joy.

Forgive my doubt. Forgive me despair.
I know You know.
I know You care.
I know of Your Love.
I know You and run to You.
I trust You and believe You.
I praise You that endless Light of Salvation.
I praise You that endless supply of oil.
I praise You my Joy!
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
Lord; You are my endless supply of olive oil. You light my lamp and keep it burning. You are that Eternal Light that leads and guides me day by day. ---Amen

No comments: