Wednesday, August 01, 2007

August 1st Daily, Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
In what you give us, Lord, to do, together or alone, in old routines or ventures new, may we not cease to look to you, the cross you hung upon, all you endeavored done. ("How Clear Is Our Vocation, Lord" - Text Fred Pratt Green, 1903-2000)
--- --- ---
Readings of the Day
1 Corinthians 16-Be on the alert, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong. Let all that you do be one in love.
2 Kings 12-13-Then Jehoahaz entreated the favor of the LORD, and the LORD listened to him...
Micah 3-...I am filled with power---with the Spirit of the LORD---and with justice and courage...
Matthew 5.43-48-But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you...
--- --- ---
God's Word of the Day
Maintain your focus on Me even in the storm.
--- --- ---
Psalm of the Day
It seems too much to concentrate on You and the cross.
It seems too much to focus on You.
Life is hard and I just don't get why.
I try to make You my center yet the pain in and around me is too much.
Why me? Why not this pain and suffering on those who don't believe in You?

In the pain and suffering I find Your presence.
I discover that You didn't bring this pain and suffering.
You are here and guide me through it all.
You are here and know what it's like.
You are here out of love.

You help me to be alert and stand firm in You.
You guide me and listen to my complaints.
You fill me with power, justice and courage to come through the pain.
I find that I am built up and strengthened in You.
In the pain and suffering I find Your love.

Now I know how to treat others.
I have been shown Your love to share.
Now I know how to love my enemies.
Now I go in Your way.
Now I go in Your will.
--- --- ---
Prayer of the Day
Life is hard sometimes. I stray and sin. My anger burns toward You and I ask You to forgive this anger and hate in me. Build me, fill me and send me in Your truth. Forgive me and use me still. ---Amen

No comments: