Wednesday, August 29, 2007

August 29th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
In blazing light your cross reveals the truth we dimly knew: how trifling others; debts to us; how great our debt to you! ("Forgive Our Sins As We Forgive" - Text Rosamond E. Herklots, 1905-1987, alt.)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
John 8.1-20-Straightening up, Jesus said to her, "Woman, where are they? Did no one condemn you?" She said, "No one, Lord." And Jesus said, "I do not condemn you, either. Go. From now on sin no more."
2 Chronicles 1.1-2.16-Now send me a skilled man to work...
Zechariah 14-And the LORD will be king over all the earth; in that day the LORD will be the only one, and His name the only one.
Psalm 109.21-31-Help me, O LORD my God; save me according to Your lovingkindness.
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
I do not condemn you. I forgive you. I give you skill and seek you to work in My Kingdom. I help you and stand with you. I am your King, now and forever.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
You amaze me. I sin and You still want me.
I sin and You defend my honor.
You don't defend my sin but teach me how to turn away.
You amaze me. Your Love is forever.
Your Love is faithful, honest and true.
You are King over all. King forever and ever.
You help me when I struggle.
You amaze me. I love You!
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
Your Love amazes me. Sometimes it leaves me speechless in Your presence. You amaze me! ---Amen

No comments: