Monday, August 06, 2007

August 6th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Hear us now, our God and Father, send your Spirit from above on this Christian man and woman who here make their vows of love. Bind their hearts in true devotion endless as the seashore's sands, boundless as the deepest ocean, blest and sealed by your own hands. ("Hear Us Now, Our God and Father" - Text: Harry N. Huxhold, 1922-2006)
--- --- ---
Readings of the Day
2 Corinthians 6.14-7.16-"And I will be a father to you, and you shall be sons and daughters to Me," says the Lord Almighty.
2 Kings 19-O LORD, the God of Israel, who are enthrone above the cherubim, You are the God, You alone, of all the kingdoms of the earth. You have made heaven and earth. Incline You ear, O LORD, and hear; open Your eyes, O LORD, and see; and listen...
Nahum 1-The LORD is slow to anger and great in power...
Ecclesiastes 2.1-17-So I hated life, for the work which had been done under the sun was grievous to me; because everything is futility and striving after wind.
--- --- ---
God's Word of the Day
I am your Father. I alone can keep you safe.
--- --- ---
Psalm of the Day
I need You Lord.
I need to feel the safety of Your arms.
I need to know that You take care of me.

I see the evidence of Your Love daily.
You feed me and protect me.
You Love me.

You teach me to love others.
You show me the way.
I hear Your Voice.

You are slow to anger.
You forgive my sin.
You put me straight.

I need You Lord.
I love Your Lord.
You are my Savior!
--- --- ---
Prayer of the Day
Every day I turn to You for guidance and protection. I turn to you and listen. I pray to You and seek Your way. Show me today what You would have me do. Be with me and send me in Your Truth. Guide me and use me. ---Amen

No comments: