Wednesday, August 22, 2007

August 22nd Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
For by grace you have been saved and even faith is not your own, it's the gift of God for you and not the works that you have done. Don't let anybody boast, for this is God's great gift. Amen. ("For by Grace You Have Been Saved"-Text:Kari Tikka, b. 1946; tr. Michael Harper)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
John 5.1-18-Jesus said to him, "Get up, pick up your pallet and walk."
1 Chronicles 18-19-And the LORD helped David wherever he went.
Zechariah 7-Thus has the LORD of hosts said, "Dispense true justice and practice kindness and compassion each to his brother; and do not oppress the widow or the orphan, the stranger or the poor; and do not devise evil in your hearts against one another."
Isaiah 58.9b-14-Then you will call, and the LORD will answer; you will cry, and He will say, "Here I am."
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
You call to me and I answer in grace. Now I send you to have compassion and love for one another. You have called and I have answered and sent you.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
I call to You Lord and You hear me and run to me.
You rescue me when I'm in trouble.
You come to me in Your grace.
You save me in Your grace and build my faith.
I call and You answer.

Teach me Your Love to give to all.
Teach me Your compassion to offer freely.
Teach me kindness.
Teach me justice and how to deal with others.
I call and You answer.

You help me all along life's path.
You help me when I struggle.
You help me when I'm in pain.
You help me when I hurt.
I call and You answer.
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
Lord, I call to You. I call to You in my sin. I call to You in my pain. I call to You in my sickness. I call to You in my selfishness. Forgive my sin Lord. Lead me...teach me...guide me...send me. Lord, I call to You. ---Amen

No comments: