Thursday, August 23, 2007

August 23rd Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Lord Jesus, think on me, that, when the flood is past I may the eternal brightness see and share your joy at last. ("Lord Jesus, Think on Me" - Text:Synesius of Cyrene, 375-430; tr. Allen W. Chatfield, 1808-1896, alt.)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
John 5.19-47-Truly, truly, I say to you, an hour is coming and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live.
1 Chronicles 20.1-22.1-And he called to the LORD and He answered him with fire from heaven on the altar of burnt offering.
Zechariah 8-These are the things which you should do: speak the truth to one another; judge with truth and judgment for peace in your gates.
Psalm 103.1-8-The LORD is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in lovingkindness.
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
Stare at My brightness. See My glory. Hear Me and live. Live in compassion, slow to anger and abound in love.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
I look to You O Lord.
I look to You and see the brightness of Your glory.
I look to You and see Love.
I look to You and hear Your Voice.
I look to You and ponder Your grace.
I look to You and see Jesus.
I look to You O Lord.

I look to You O Lord,
I present my offerings to You.
I seek forgiveness.
I burn my offering to You O Lord.
You send me in Your Love.
Send me out into the Kingdom.
I look to You O Lord.

I look to You O Lord.
You teach me Your truths.
You send me speaking Truth.
You teach me compassion.
You send me showing Compassion.
You send me showing Love.
I look to You O Lord.
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
I look to You Lord God. I hear Your voice. I repent and You forgive. You call me, gift me and send me. I go! Go in Your Love. ---Amen

No comments: