Friday, August 31, 2007

August 31st Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Here see the Bread of life; see waters flowing forth from the throne of God, pure from above. Come to the feast of love; come, ever knowing earth has no sorrow but heaven can remove. ("Come, Ye Disconsolate" - Text: Thomas Hastings, 1784-1872)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
John 8.48-59-Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abrahan was born, I am."
2 Chronicles 5.2-14-The poles were so long that the ends of the poles of the ark could be seen in front of the inner sanctuary...
Malachi 2.10-16-You have wearied the LORD with you words.
Psalm 112-He will not fear evil tidings; his heart is steadfast, trusting in the LORD.
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
I am your Bread. I have existed always. I remove sorrow. I give Love. Come to the feast and live!
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
You, Lord, are truly my Bread of Life.
Your arms reach out to me in love.
The poles of the ark extend into my world.
When I'm weary, You bring comfort.
You give me a place and time of rest.
When in battle, You save me.
When I sin, You bring correction and forgiveness.
When I speak too much; You cause silence.
You present Yourself in glorious and awesome ways.
When evil befalls me, You teach me trust.
You show me perseverance and hope.
You, Lord, save.
You, Lord, are truly my Bread of Life.
You, Lord, are my feast.
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
I come to You Lord. I repent. I come to You Lord. You are present. You come to me Lord. You forgive. You come to me Lord beyond space and time. You, Lord, are my feast. ---Amen

No comments: