Tuesday, August 21, 2007

August 21st Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
When he shall come with trumpet sound, oh, may I then in him be found, clothed in his righteousness alone, redeemed to stand before the throne! On Christ, the solid rock, I stand; all other ground is sinking sand, all other ground is sinking sand. ("My Hope Is Built on Nothing Less" - Text:Edward Mote, 1797-1874, alt.)
--- --- ---


Readings of the Day
John 4.43-54-As he was now going down, his slaves met him, saying that his son was living.
1 Chronicles 17-He shall build for Me a house, and I will establish his throne forever.
Zechariah 6-Behold, a man whose name is Branch, for He will branch out from where He is; and He will build the temple of the LORD.
Jeremiah 25.15-29-You shall surely drink!
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
You will drink from My cup; no doubt. But through Me, you are able to stand before My throne; saved and forgiven. Now go as I send you. I build My church in and through you.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
I can stand only because You are gracious to me.
I can stand only because You have saved me.
I can't stand on my own.
I can only stand because of You.

I can stand in the faith You have given me.
I stand in faith that surpasses time and space.
I stand in the hope of Your eternal reign as King.
I stand because You branched from heaven to earth.

Yes, I will drink the cup of suffering.
Yes, I will face persecution in Your name.
Yes, I will believe in You, even in the face of conflict.
Thanks be to God, that through You, I stand.
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
My hope is built on nothing less, than Jesus blood and righteousness. I Christ the Solid rock I stand. ---Amen

No comments: