Sunday, August 05, 2007

August 5th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Today, as then, Christ summons us to dare to follow boldly and his work to share, to help and heal the sick, the blind, the lame, declaring to the world his holy name. ("The Son of God, Our Christ" - Text: Edward M. Blumenfeld, b. 1927, alt.)
--- --- ---
Readings of the Day
2 Corinthians 5.11-6.13-He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.
2 Kings 18-For he clung to the LORD; he did not depart from following Him, but kept His commandments, which the LORD had commanded Moses.
Micah 7-But as for me, I will watch expectantly for the LORD; I will wait for the God of my salvation. My God will hear me.
Luke 12.13-21-Beware, and be on your guard against every form of greed...
--- --- ---
God's Word of the Day
I have taken your sin from you. Now cling to me. Follow me, heal the sick, the blind, the lame. Feed the poor. Serve your neighbor in need, in and through My Love.
--- --- ---
Psalm of the Day
You dare me to follow You.
You call me out in a dare to follow You.
It scares me to take that dare.
But I take that dare.
I follow You and see how You take my sin.
You make my sin Your own.
The dare I take becomes Your dare.
I follow and serve You in joy and peace.
I follow and serve You in pain and suffering.
I follow and serve You and cling to You for Life.
I follow and serve those You give to me in and through Your Love.
You dare me to follow You.
I take that dare. You take my sin.
I serve in joy and thanksgiving.
You are my Savior!
--- --- ---
Prayer of the Day
We wait for You Lord. You pass by and call us by name. We follow and serve You. You gift us and send us to Love others. We go. Send me today. ---Amen

No comments: