Tuesday, August 14, 2007

August 14th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
If on earth my days should lengthen, God, my weary soul still strengthen; all my trust in you I place. Earthly wealth is not abiding; like a stream away it's gliding; safe I anchor in your grace. ("All Depends on Our Possessing" - Text:Gesangbuch, Nurnberg, 1676; tr. Catherine Winkworth, 1827-1878, alt.)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
John 1.19-34-The next day he saw Jesus coming to him and said, "Behold, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!"
1 Chronicles 7-8-All these were the sons of Benjamin.
Zephaniah 3-The King of Israel, the LORD, is in your midst; you will fear disaster no more.
2 Chronicles 34.22-33-"Because your heart was tender and you humbled yourself before God when you heard His words against this place and against its inhabitants, and because you humbled yourself before Me, tore your clothes and wept before Me, I truly have heard you," declares the LORD.
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
Humble yourself as My servant. Point the world to Me. In repentance, turn to Me and I will restore you.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
I see You coming to me, Lord.
I proclaim Your presence in this world.
I point all to You in this world.
We bow before You and repent.
We repent, sister, brother, parent and child.
Repent of sin.
For, You alone take away the sin of the world.

Create in me a tender heart.
Create in me compassion.
May I yearn for justice.
May I be an advocate for the ill and poor.
May I be the face of Love in this world.
May I point to You dear Lord.
Hear my prayer.
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
You come to me and I point to You. I repent and point the world to You and proclaim Your saving power over sin, death and the grave. You are God! I am Your humble servant. Send me this day. ---Amen

No comments: