Tuesday, August 28, 2007

August 28th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
O Christ, our hope, our hearts' desire creation's mighty Lord, redeemer of the fallen world, by holy love outpoured, by holy love outpoured: ("O Christ, Our Hope" - Text: Latin hymn, c. 8th cent.; John Chandler, 1806-1876, adapt.)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
John 7.25-52-If anyone is thirsty, let him come to Me and drink.
1 Chronicles 29-Blessed are You, O LORD God of Israel our father, forever and ever. Yours O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, indeed everything that is in the heavens and the earth; Yours is the dominion, O LORD, and You exalt Yourself as head over all. Both riches and honor come from You, and You rule over all, and in Your hand is power and might; and it lies in Your hand to make great and to strengthen everyone. Now therefore, our God, we thank You, and praise Your glorious name.
Zechariah 13-They will call on My name, and I will answer them; I will say, "They are My people," and the will say, "The LORD is my God."
Revelation 3.7-13-I am coming quickly; hold fast what you have, so that no one will take your crown. He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he will not go out from it anymore; and I will write on him the name of My God, and the name of the city of My God, the new Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God, and My new name. He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
I am God. Praise and honor Me.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
Lord, You alone are God.
You, I exalt.
You, I praise.
You, I worship and adore.
You created the universe.
You created in great detail.
Detail beyond imagination.
You are powerful and mighty.
You rule over all.
I give You all honor and glory.
You freely poured Your love into creation.
You graciously loved the created.
You save all from sin and death.
You breath Life forever and ever.
I call out to You my Lord and Savior.
I call out to the giver of Life.
You have written Your name on my heart.
You have written Your Love deep in my soul.
You alone are my God!
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
Lord, You search deep within my heart. You see and know me. "I'm coming back the the heart of worship and it's all about You; all about You Jesus." It's all about You. Thanks be to God! ---Amen

No comments: