Wednesday, August 15, 2007

August 15th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Salvation unto us has come by God's free grace and favor; good works cannot avert our doom, they help and save us never. Faith looks to Jesus Christ alone, who did for all the world atone, our only mediator. ("Salvation unto Us Has Come" - Text:Paul Speratus, 1484-1551; tr. hymnal version)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
John 1.35-51-Truly, truly, I say to you, you will see the heavens opened and the angels of God ascending and descending on the Son of Man.
1 Chronicles 9-So they and their sons had charge of the gates of the house of the LORD, even the house of the tent, as guards.
Haggai 1-2-'But now take courage, Zerubbable,' declares the LORD, 'take courage also, Joshua son of Jehozadak, the high priest, and all you people of the land take courage,' declares the LORD, 'and work; for I am with you,' declares the LORD of hosts.
Galatians 4.4-7-But when the fullness of the time came, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the Law, so the He might redeem those who were under the Law, that we might receive the adoption as sons. Because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying, "Abba! Father!" Therefore you are no longer a slave, but a son; and if a son, then an heir through God.
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
Take courage, I am with you. I have called you. I place you where I want you and I send you to work in my Kingdom. Now go and do My will.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
Yes, Lord, I see that Ladder.
I see that wonderful Ladder.
That Ladder extending from heaven to earth.
Not only Jacob's Ladder but my Ladder as well.
I see Jesus!

Lord, You come down.
You humble yourself and come down to us.
You work by our side.
You set us up as gatekeepers and open wide the gates to Your Kingdom.
What a privilege it is to open wide the gates and let Your people in.

Working at the open gates, I see Your presence.
Working in Your Kingdom, You lead.
I will follow Your instruction in joy.
You are my gracious salvation.
You are my Ladder, my Savior.

Sent as the Son of Mary, you are the Son of God.
Son of God, yet even Son of Man.
You come to me daily.
Jesus, You are my Ladder.
Jesus, You are my Lord and Savior!
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
Jesus, You alone are my Ladder. I come to heaven only through you, my Ladder. You are my Savior at my side. Day by day I turn to You. Lead me, gift me, send me to do Your will this day. Jesus, You are my Ladder. ---Amen

No comments: