Saturday, August 18, 2007

August 18th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
People who walk in darkness have sought a light in the heart of the darkest night. Just when we thought all would be lost, we were drawn to the light of God. Dawn is in sight! Gone is the night, drawn to the light and the morning. Glorious and bright, oh, what a sight to be drawn to the light of God. ("Drawn to the Light"- Text: John C. Ylvisaker, b. 1937)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
John 3.22-36-He must increase, but I must decrease.
1 Chronicles 13-14-...and let us bring back the ark or our God to us...
Zechariah 3-Now listen, Joshua the high priest, you and your friends who are sitting in front of you---indeed they are men who are a symbol, for behold, I am going to bring in My servant the Branch.
Hebrews 11.29-12.2-Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
Gaze at My Light. I come to you in Light. I draw you in and am with you through all pain. I have brought Life in the Light.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
I am drawn to Your Light Lord. I can't help myself.
I am compelled to run to You. To be with You.
Your Light is with me in this darkness. The darkness disappears.
Your Light gives me joy and hope and direction.
As I decrease, Your Light brightens and Your Glory shines.
Your Light is my center. Your Light is my God. Y
Your Light is the Branch. Your Light is Jesus!
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
Jesus, You are my Light, the Branch, my God, my Shepherd. I will follow You forever. ---Amen

No comments: