Sunday, August 26, 2007

August 26th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
O God, Holy Spirit, have mercy upon us, O lavish Giver, come to aid the children that your word has made. Now make us grow and help us pray; bring joy and comfort, come to stay. ("Your Heart, O God, Is Grieved" - Text:Jiri Tranovsky, 1591-1637; tr. Jaroslav J. Vajda, b. 1919)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
John 6.60-71-It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life.
1 Chronicles 25-26-Moreover, David and the commanders of the army set apart for the service some...who were to prophesy with lyres, harps and cymbals...
Zechariah 11-There is a sound of the young lions roar...
Luke 13.10-17-...should she not have been release from this bond on the Sabbath day?
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
It's not about your perfection or how well you perform. It's not about your reliability. It's about Me and you and our relationship. It's about Love between Me and you and you and your neighbor. Worship Me with all the resources you have.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
Holy Spirit, be present.
Holy Spirit, speak.
Holy Spirit, relate to me.
Holy Spirit, hear my song.

Holy Spirit, Your Word brings Life.
Holy Spirit, forgive this failing flesh.
Holy Spirit, set me apart.
Holy Spirit, I praise.

Holy Spirit, let me heed the roar.
Holy Spirit, release me from fleshly bondage.
Holy Spirit, gift me with Your grace.
Holy Spirit, send me in Love.

Holy Spirit, You are perfect.
Holy Spirit, You are God.
Holy Spirit, You I love and adore.
Holy Spirit, You I worship.
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
Lord, forgive my selfish flesh. Forgive my sinful heart. Fill me with Your Love and Grace. Fill me with Life in You. Lord, hear my song of praise and worship to You alone. Lord, lead me in action to Love and not solve. You alone solve. Send me to act in Your Love toward all in Your Kingdom. ---Amen

No comments: