Friday, August 24, 2007

August 24th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
In you alone, O God, we hope, and not in our own merit. We rest our fears in your good Word and trust your Holy Spirit. Your promise keeps us strong and sure; we trust the cross, your signature, inscribed upon our temples. ("Out of the Depths I Cry to You"- Text:Martin Luther, 1483-1546; tr. composite)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
John 6.1-24-A large crowd followed Him, because they saw the signs which He was performing on those who were sick.
1 Chronicles 22.2-23.32-Arise and work, and may the LORD be with you...Now set your heart and soul to seek the LORD your God; arise, therefore, and build the sanctuary of the LORD God, so that you may bring the ark of the covenant of the LORD and the holy vessels of God into the house that is to be built for the name of the LORD.
Zechariah 9-Behold, your king is coming to you; He is just and endowed with salvation, humble, and mounted on a donkey, even on a colt, the foal of a donkey.
John 1.43-51-Rabbi, You are the Son of God; You are the King of Israel.
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
I am King. I come to you humble yet awesomely powerful and wonderfully loving. I come to you through no merit of your own. Now get up and follow for I will send you out.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
Lord, You come to me through no merit I deserve.
You come to me in love and compassion.
You come to me humble and serving.
I follow You with praise and thanksgiving.
I follow You in prayer and love.
I follow You and learn Your ways.
Come, Lord Jesus, Come.

I see the signs You perform.
You heal the sick and dying.
You restore the souls of the lost.
You teach and accept all people
We learn Your way and follow.
We work in Your Kingdom.
Come, Lord Jesus, Come.
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
Come near Lord. Come, that I may hear You. Come, that I may follow. Come, that I may serve. Come, Lord Jesus, come. ---Amen

No comments: