Monday, August 13, 2007

August 13th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
For the love of God is broader than the measures of our mind; and the heart of the Eternal is most wonderfully kind. But we make this love too narrow by false limits of our own; and we magnify its strictness with a zeal God will not own. ("There's a Wideness in God's Mercy" - Text:Frederick W. Faber, 1814-1863, alt.)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
John 1.1-18-In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.
1 Chronicles 5-6-...for they cried out to God in the battle, and He answered their prayers because they trusted in Him.
Zephaniah 2-Seek the LORD, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the LORD'S anger.
2 Chronicles 33.1-17-When he was in distress, he entreated the LORD his God and humbled himself greatly before the God of his fathers.
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
I am the Light of the world. Humble yourself and point to Me.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
I try to limit You, Lord.
You are so much more than I can comprehend.
Your Love is way beyond me.
I seek You, yet You come to me.
You light my path.
You are the Light of this world.
I must point others to You.
In You are all glory and honor and power.
I humble myself in Your presence.
Forgive me dear Lord.
Send me out to point to You.
For You are all we ever need.
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
Jesus; You are It. You are all we need. I humble myself to You. I am Your faithful servant. May I always point to You. ---Amen

No comments: