Saturday, August 25, 2007

August 25th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
By your hour of dire despair, by your agony of prayer, by the cross, the nail, the thorn, piercing spear, and torturing scorn, by the gloom that veiled the skies over the dreadful sacrifice, listen to our humble sigh; hear our penitential cry! ("Savior, When in Dust to You" - Text Robert Grant, 1779-1838, alt.)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
John 6.25-59-"For the bread of God is that which comes down out of heaven, and gives life to the world." Then they said to Him, "Lord, always give us this bread." Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life; he who comes to Me will not hunger, and he who believes in Me will never thirst."
1 Chronicles 24-These also cast lots just as their relatives the sons of Aaron in the presence of David...
Zechariah 10-"I will whistle for them to gather them together, for I have redeemed them; and they will be as numerous as they were before."
Hebrews 12.18-29-Therefore, since we receive a kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us show gratitude, by which we may offer to God an acceptable service with reverence and awe; for our God is a consuming fire.
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
I have suffered for you. I died for you. Don't take any of this lightly. I call you, gift you, and send you. Now go in My name to love and serve in My Kingdom.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
I feel pain and suffering. I feel compassion for You Lord Jesus.
I see a broken world in need of You.
I am a broken life, depending fully on Your Grace.
You have loved me beyond all love I can imagine.
You gave Your life for me.
You called me, gifted me, filled me, and sent me.
The lots have been cast and I have been chosen.
Reveal Truth to me, display justice and kindness and love.
Now send me in Your Truth.
Send me with Your Justice.
Send me with Your Kindness.
Send me with Your Love.
Send me to serve in Your Way.
Now and forever.
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
Lord, I hear half-truths day after day. Twisted honesty and manipulation. I see politics in Your Church which are harmful and ignore compassion. I need Your Truth. I need Your Honesty. I need and trust You. Show me and send me forth to stand for Your Truth, Justice, Kindness, Love and Compassion in this hurting world. Use me in Your creation to restore the Kingdom as You choose. Steer me clear of all political agendas except for the mission You have for me in Your Church. Forgive me, bless me and send me, I pray.---Amen

No comments: