Monday, August 27, 2007

August 27th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Give us faith to be more faithful, give us hope to be more true, give us love to go on learning; God, encourage and renew! ("God, When Human Bonds Are Broken" - Text: Fred Kaan, b. 1929)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
John 7.1-24-...but He who is seeking the glory of the One who sent Him, He is true...
1 Chronicles 27-28-...for the LORD searches all hearts, and understands every intent of the thoughts. If you seek Him, He will let you find Him; but if you forsake Him, He will reject you forever.
Zechariah 12-I will pour out on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the Spirit of grace and of supplication, so that they will look on Me whom they have pierced; and they will mourn for Him, as one mourns for an only son, and they will weep bitterly over Him like the bitter weeping over a firstborn.
Hebrews 3.7-4.11-Today if you hear His voice, do not harden your hearts.
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
Focus on Me and Me alone. Worship Me alone. Hear my voice. Follow and go where I send you.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
I need faith and love and hope.
Send me renewed into Your Kingdom.
Send me serving you and my neighbor.
All worship returns to You alone.
All worship is to You.
I hear Your voice.
I seek Your way.
I am sent to do Your will.
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
Lord, I see how You suffered and died for my sin. I see how You are alive forever. I ask forgiveness for my sin. I seek reconciliation with You. I look for You and find You have always been with me. I go in your hope and love into Your Kingdom. --- Amen

No comments: