Monday, January 10, 2005

January 10th Reflections

Monday 1/10/2005
Luke 10.1-20 - So Jesus sends out a bunch of disciples this time - to go into the towns - not waste any time - to bless the homes with peace - but they spoke in Jesus name and even demons fell -the odd part about this passage - is that the message they were giving didn’t seem very clear at all to me -- it was almost like a bunch of moochers going into towns and taking advantage of people who would have them- but I guess they were sent out ahead of Jesus - where he was about to go - so - in a sense their message would be similar to John the Baptist - prepare yourself.
Genesis 17 - Well - God comes to Abram again - now Abram and Sarai are really really old- and God changes their names to Abraham and Sarah -- they will have a child - why so late in life? - well - that’s just how it is - believe - there will be a nation - Ishmael will be blessed at the father of twelve princes and his family will make a great nation -- but Abraham will have a son with Sarah and will name him Isaac -- So Abraham and all the guys got circumcised as a sign of God’s Chosen People
Psalm 10 - Lord - don’t be far away - I need your help - I need you to rescue me
God makes me special. Through my baptism I am called to ministry in his kingdom. God is proud of me and sends me out with his message of love and salvation.
God shows steadfast love to the thousands that love him and keep his commandments.
Psalm 72.1-7, 10-14 - May God bless our leaders with a sense of justice-love and care for the poor and oppressed.
Philippians 4.1-7 - Pray- ask God for help and thank him for all the blessings I have been given - make my requests known to God
Psalm 119.161-168 - Rejoice at God’s Word -- all my ways are before him
Prayer- Jesus- sometimes your message isn’t so clear- what you would have me do - but I must trust in you - I must go if you tell me to go - I must go out like a sheep among wolves if that is what you wish - my trust must be deep that once I’m there - you will give me the words - you will protect me from those wolves - you will save me -- oh - how you teach me to trust in you - to trust in you by actions of faith - oh - how you build my faith - through life demonstrations of how you have always blessed me and saved me in all kinds of situations. I depend on you - you feed me in all ways and I love you -- Amen

No comments: