Tuesday, January 18, 2005

January 18th Reflection

Tuesday 1/18/2005
Luke 14.1-24 - Jesus heals a man on the Sabbath -- Jesus questioned the Pharisees and teachers if what he did was right or not - but they didn’t respond this time - Jesus healing is always good - through and in the healing he saves us don’t put yourself above others in places of honor - be humble and you will be honored -- be kind to the poor, crippled, lame and blind and don’t expect payment for helping - but bring them honor - for they are Christ - those that have all they need now won’t be thankful for the feast God has prepared for us in Jesus -- invite the poor, crippled, lame and blind -- they will be happy and glad to come to the feast - don’t put myself above others - for these people are right - they have the heart of God in them - God is God and his feast is the feast to go to - that feast in Jesus
Genesis 25 - Abraham got remarried and had more kids -- it’s funny -- he didn’t make a big deal about having more kids with a different wife- and he must have been much older now than when God was telling Abraham and Sarah they were going to have children --Abraham is buried next to Sarah - they tell of the twelve sons of Ishmael - then Ishmael died - Isaac wanted children with Rebekah - Rebekah had twins - the twins were fighting each other - even in Rebekah’s womb - the first baby was covered with red hair - Esau - the second baby grabbed the heal of the first - Jacob - Esau was a Daddy’s boy and Jacob was a Mommy’s boy - Esau was out hunting and came in hungry - Jacob had fixed some stew -- Jacob bargained off some stew for the birthrights of Esau -- Esau took the bait cause he was hungry -- God chose me - I can’t give that up for any human satisfaction - I must believe in my baptism - rejoice in it and serve God in his kingdom - not out of some command or because I think I can repay - but because I’m happy for what God has done fore me - there’s a big difference there
Psalm 18 - Love God - he makes me strong - he is my protector and my rock and my shield - Praise God - He answers prayers - God comes down in power and might to save me - he lifts me up from deep within my ocean - he saves me because he loves me - God keeps the lamp burning in me - his lamp - not mine - his way is perfect - his Word is correct - he will build me up - make me stand - let me run like a deer - he will show me the path to run - God is the living God - praise him - honor God - I will love God forever
God’s always present with his people. Nothing can separate us from Christ.
Pray to God in complete confidence -- he is your Daddy
Matthew 16.13-19 - Jesus is the Messiah!!
Colossians 2.12-17 - I am alive because of Jesus!
Psalm 95.1-7 - make a joyful nose to God -the rock of salvation - God is my God and I am his
Prayer - Today Lord I think about the Church - how you started it - how you gave the gifts to all your chosen to go out and spread the news of what you have done for us through Jesus - how Peter stood up and proclaimed that you are the Messiah - you save - I can’t save myself or anyone else - only you save - you heal - I can’t heal myself or anyone else - only you heal - you are god - I must go out and tell the world of what you have done for me - of how you come down to me - of how you come to me and save me - of how personal you are to me - of how you love me - I must must go out and tell - I must must go out and love the world and look at how you did things and go out to those same people you loved and love them with your love and show them your love and live it and give it all to you - I must must - not because by my musts I will earn your favor -- buy because of what you have done for me and all of us -- because it makes me happy happy happy -- I gotta go now! --- Amen

No comments: