Sunday, January 16, 2005

January 16th Reflection

Sunday 1/16/2005
Luke 13.1-17 - If I don’t turn back to God - I will die- God doesn’t kill people with disasters- that’s just stuff that happens- but I must turn back to God or I will die - I must produce fruit from the faith I have in Jesus - otherwise my faith is dead - heal on the Sabbath - it’s ok -- look at the great healing Jesus did on the Sabbath - what an example!! -- Jesus healed the world and all of us from sin
Genesis 23 - Sarah died and Abraham bought some land and a cave to bury her in - they wanted to give Abraham the land but Abraham wouldn’t have that and bought the land fair and square
Psalm 16 - Every good think I have is a gift from you - your people make me happy - You, LORD, are all I want! - you make my life pleasant, and my future bright - you guide me - you teach me - I will always look to you- your protect me- I can safely rest - with all my heart I will celebrate and praise you - yo chose me - you have shown me the path to life - I will always be joyful
O Father of all mercy and God of all comfort, strengthen and uphold me by your Spirit. You command that we should wait on him until the reason for our trials shall appear. For you do not for your own pleasure permit us to be tortured and grieved. In fact, you do not permit any evil to be done unless you can make it serve a good purpose. You see my distress and weakness. Therefore you will help and deliver me. Amen.
God makes me special. Through my baptism I am called to ministry in his kingdom. God is proud of me and sends me out with his message of love and salvation.
Teach me to pray
John 1.29-42 - Here is the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world! -- I myself don’t know him - but he is the one! - I will testify that Jesus is the One!! -- “Look, here is the Lamb of God!� - follow him-- Yell it out - use the exclamation point !!!!! -- Jesus is God - Jesus is life-- Believe and trust in his grace and forgiveness-- Here is the Lamb of God!!!!!
Colossians 1.21-28 - become a servant of the church - make the Word of God fully known - reveal the mystery of Jesus saving grace - proclaim Christ - loud and clear!
Psalm 105.1-4 -Give thanks to God -call on his name - make know his deeds among the people -sing to God - Praise God - tell of all his wonderful works - let your heart rejoice - seek God and his strength continually -- remember his wonderful works- his miracles
Prayer- Jesus - you heal - even on the Sabbath you heal - your love is so great that you straighten us out on the petty rules we make and lead us in your purpose - you heal and give strength - you keep it all honest and up front - I think of the times that Abraham lied about Sarah - but you healed - his last transaction for Sarah’s burial was an honest one - yea - I see how you heal - your healing makes me thankful - your healing makes me happy - your healing is forever - you have healed all of us in your life, death and resurrection - may I proudly and loudly proclaim your healing to the world - use the exclamation point all over the place - for you heal and the world needs to know it - the world needs to accept it - the world needs to believe it -- I will always sing and praise you and tell the world how you heal -- you heal! You heal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -- thanks be to God! -- Amen

No comments: