Thursday, January 20, 2005

January 20th Reflection

Thursday 1/20/2005
Luke 15 - Being lost then found -- God comes to me - in Jesus -- at the very point I am lost - at the very point my sins cause me to run from God - Jesus comes to me - rescues me - finds me - invites me to return - to change - to accept forgiveness of my sins -- then celebrates my return - how much love can one show?- how great is the love of Christ!
Genesis 27.1-45 - So - Rebekah and Jacob deceive Isaac -- Jacob pretends to be his brother Esau and receives Esau’s blessing -- he puts on Esau’s clothes - so that when Isaac smells Jacob he thinks he is smelling Esau - Jacob uses fur to make his hands and arms hairy -- but for some reason - this is as God intended things to be
Psalm 20 - I am certain that God will answer my prayers and will save me- I trust in God
God’s always present with his people. Nothing can separate us from Christ.
Send your Holy Spirit that by your grace I may believe your holy Word.
Psalm 27.1, 4-9 - God is my light - I will seek his protection and comfort and put all my trust in him - I stare at the beauty of God in awe
Colossians 3.1-11 - Set my mind on things that are above not on things that are on earth
Psalm 43 - Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my help and my God
Prayer - Lord - sometimes I get lost - sometimes I get separated from you - find me - forgive me and allow me to return to your favor - show me the right path to take - show me the right thing to do - give me your blessing as I put all my trust and hope in you. For only in you can I find protection and comfort and salvation. I can’t wander off and save myself - it just doesn’t work -- I thank you for coming to me - for finding me and for changing me - for sending me out to work in your kingdom- set me mind on you and on your will. It’s such a joy to be found and loved. -- Amen

No comments: