Sunday, January 30, 2005

January 30th Reflection

Sunday 1/30/2005
Luke 22.1-38 - It’s amazing how well planned out God is -- even to the point of Judas betrayal and how this plays the devil with Jesus act of salvation - how the room was available and all -- Jesus stresses to the disciples the point of being a servant - loving others in service - being there for them and giving your life for others - I like how Jesus prays for Peter to have a strong faith -- I think God prays for all of us to have a strong faith and to really know God and to feel God’s love so much we offer it all up to each other. But towards the end - all the planning - Jesus tells them now to be ready to take the moneybag when they go out this time- to go buy a sword - they will need it this time - so the disciples find a couple of swords -- but I don’t think Jesus meant swords for killing - but swords of the Spirit -Jesus is King over a far greater kingdom than an earthly king would have- cause he rebukes the disciples with “Enough of that!�
Genesis 39 - Back to Joseph - well he became a servant in Potiphar’s house -- all went great - Joseph was a really good servant - he was a hunk too - so Potiphar’s wife got the hots for Joseph and wanted him - like in the “to know� way -- so she makes her move and Joseph runs off -- in my mind it seems like a funny scene but this all ticks Potiphar’s wife off (you know ol what’s her name-- what is her name??) -- so she sets it up to look like Joseph tried to rape her and gets Joseph thrown in jail -- what luck -- Joseph could have gotten some - but now he is in jail! -- what dedication to God!-it’s hard to imagine that Judah and Joseph are brothers - they act the opposite! - there seems to be a whole theme going on here with “hand� - “garment� and such -- I’m sure there are many others too
Psalm 30 - You save me from the grave - you healed me - I will praise you with dongs and honor you - your kindness lasts a lifetime - you are my friend - Forgive me I pray - turn my sorrow into danding - I give you thanks and praise
Jesus-Thank you for your saving acts of forgiveness, healing and salvation. Thanks for showing your love.
In baptism I daily drown my sinful self in repentance and day after day a new self arises to live with God in righteousness and purity forever. Some day - I’m gonna get it right!- NOT!- But wait! - Jesus already made it right - so why worry - just go and serve and love and don’t do that other stuff again.
Matthew 5.1-12 - I want to hear Jesus from the mountain - I have before! - Jesus blesses - all this good stuff - rejoice and be glad!!!
Ephesians 5.19-27 - As I sing - I need to be subject to others- especially those closest to me
Psalm 130 - Thank God you forgive!!! - All my hope is in you
Prayer - Jesus - you have it all planned out - let me serve you this day in the plan you have made -let me marvel in how great that plan is - let me place all my hope in your plan of salvation - I give you thanks for your plan - I give you thanks for leading me and guiding me and saving me from my sinfulness- as sin presents itself to me this day - help me to pull away - help me to do the hard thing - but when I fail - I beg that you would pick me up - show me my sin and let me turn back around and face you and follow once again - forgive me that I may find joy in you and hear your voice and blessings from that mountain - send me today to sing and love others in your graceful salvation. --- Amen

No comments: