Saturday, January 22, 2005

January 22nd Reflections

Saturday 1/22/2005
Luke 17 - I need to be careful what I do and not cause someone else to sin - forgive those who say they are sorry for their sin - I don’t deserve special thanks for what I do in God’s kingdom - I am merely a servant and doing my duty - thank Jesus for healing - have faith - even if only a little- faith is powerful - God’s kingdom isn’t something you can see -- God’s kingdom is here with you - when God calls-Go!-don’t look back-just go!- you can’t save yourself-only God can-so go!- I’m only going to know the “where� and the “when� of the second coming , after it has occurred -- so just be ready now and don’t worry about the “where� or the “when� -- the kingdom will come- yea-- but it has already come in Jesus and is here now with me-- so -- go already!- get over it! - quit goofing off!
Genesis 29.1-30 - Jacob meets his cousin Rachel at a well for watering sheep - Jacob kisses Rachel and gets excited- I don’t think in that way - but maybe -- anyway Jacob goes to live with Uncle Laban - all goes well and Laban wants to pay Jacob for his work-- so I guess you have to get into the culture of the day thing now- Jacob wants to be paid with Rachel as his wife - so Laban makes Jacob work seven years for her - that time flew by for Jacob- so Laban had a big feast - so Laban sends Leah into the tent at night with Jacob - I guess it must have been dark!- cause Jacob apparently does the “wild� thing with Leah and finds out in the morning that it was Leah and not Rachel!-- makes you wonder how much Jacob had to drink at the feast of a party-the Hebrew word for feast is mishteh - which means drinking party- so there you go!-also it‘s ironic that Leah‘s the older sister is helped by her father-just like Jacob the younger brother was helped by his mother- so Jacob wants to know why Laban tricked him- so Laban tells Jacob some crap about how in his country the older girl gets married first -hmm! --sounds like some other tradition that I’m sure Jacob was familiar with on father’s blessings- seems like that would be something Laban would have clued Jacob in on seven years ago -- but now he can have Rachel for another seven years of work-- what a swindler!- but at least he got Rachel up front and then worked the seven years- then they all started reproducing like a bunch of rabbits- that is Jacob- Leah-and the servant girls -- man- what more could a guy ask for!- a whole bunch of women wanting to have his kids-ayyy- I jumped ahead there
Psalm 22 - Oh - this one is the Maundy Thursday one- Jesus passion is all over this one - how mean can I be to my Savior? - “The Lord has saved us!� -- notice Lord is not LORD - it’s now Jesus! -- one in and of the same as LORD- yea Jesus is all over this Psalm- am I willing to be too?- Yes! - Thanks be to God!
I like this Luther prayer:
Dear heavenly Father, say something. I will gladly remain silent and be a child and a learner. If I should rule the church with my own knowledge, wisdom, and understanding, I would have been sunk long ago. Therefore, dear God, you guide and direct it. I will gladly forsake my point of view and understanding and let you rule alone through your Word. Amen.
God’s always present with his people. Nothing can separate us from Christ.
Give me today the daily bread of your Word that I may feast on it!
1 Corinthians 1.10-18 - be united in the same mind and same purpose-belong to Jesus and no one else- the message of the cross is the power of God for those being saved
Colossians 4.2-6 - Devote yourself to prayer -keep alert in it with thanksgiving- make the most of time- it’s a gift from God that can’t be returned
Psalm 107.1-16 - Thank God for his everlasting steadfast love
Prayer - Lord- It’s time - I can hear you call - as I listen to your Word - I can hear your call - your kingdom is here and now - yea - you’re going to return but that’s your time - now - your kingdom is here and now - it’s time to move - it’s time to go - give me the faith I need- give me that mustard seed - let me play with just that mustard seed and go! -- cause it’s time - it’s time to go from the inside out - it’s time - it’s time to work another seven years - it’s time to receive your blessing and work another seven years in your kingdom - then watch what you have in store -- the kingdom will multiply like crazy -- it’s time to go - I’m ready to suffer the pain if need be - look how you took it all on for me in your passion - your suffering - your death - all for me -- so yea- it’s time to go now- it’s time to be united with you in one purpose and in one mind and to take the daily bread of life you freely offer and feed on it and go! -- it’s time to go! - as I go - hear my prayer- feel my thanksgiving and love and praise - but for now -- it’s time to go! -- Amen

No comments: