Friday, January 14, 2005

January 15th Reflection

Saturday 1/15/2005
Luke 12.32-59 - Keep your lamps burning - as soon as he comes to the door and knocks - open it for him - he wants to play - you don’t know when Jesus will get the notion to want to come over and play - I am like a servant to God - I must be willing and ready at all times to serve - and if God comes I want to be found serving others at that time
Genesis 22 - Ever notice how much is in common with Jesus crucifixion and this passage - Isaac arrived at the site on a donkey - Abraham had Isaac carry the wood on Isaac’s shoulder- they walked to the site- where is the lamb for sacrifice? - God will provide the lamb - ultimately God does in his son Jesus - Abraham tied up his son Isaac and put him on the wood - sounds just like the cross - then when it came time to sacrifice Isaac - God stopped the whole thing - God knew that Abraham had trust and faith in him and only him -- what a demonstration of faith - I think Abraham’s faith is an example for me to truly trust in God and have faith - even to giving my life up for God -- then God did exactly that for me in giving Jesus to me -- thanks be to God!
Psalm 15 - Treat others fairly and don’t say cruel things - keep your promises
Dear God, you have overwhelmed us with many setbacks and have enables us clearly to see your wrath, Stop afflicting us now, dear God, for you have mortified us long enough and sufficiently weighed and burdened and humiliated us. Graciously face us again and assure us how gentle and merciful you are, that we may comfort and quiet our troubled hearts. Amen
God makes me special. Through my baptism I am called to ministry in his kingdom. God is proud of me and sends me out with his message of love and salvation.
I believe that I cannot by my own understanding or effort believe in Jesus Christ my Lord, or come to him -- but He comes to me -- Thanks be to God!
Luke 6.20-36 - God will take care of me - no matter what the circumstance -- and all the blessings he gives is way beyond what I need or deserve - I shall respond likewise to others
Colossians 1.13-20 - Jesus created the visible and invisible - all things are reconciled through Jesus and his blood of his cross
Psalm 2 - God sits in heaven and laughs - Take refuge in God and be happy
Prayer - Lord - today you come to me - you tell me to keep my lamp burning cause you are coming to visit - I’m waiting and ready - give me all the faith I need - let me look to Abraham and see the deep faith he has for you - give me this faith - for I’m so thankful for the sacrifice you put in my place of Jesus - I know that you take care of me -- just look at what you already did on that altar and wood years ago - you took care of my ultimate need and forgave me -- forgive me today - renew me - restore me and send me out - for you are the creator of all things and give life to all things - put your life in me and let me laugh and be happy this day as we go out together. --- Amen

No comments: