Friday, January 21, 2005

January 21st Reflection

Friday 1/21/2005
Luke 16 - So Jesus tells a story about this manager that finds out he is about to be fired- this guy gets with all his customers and tells them to mark down their bills - this way the manager would be accepted in the homes of his customers after he is fired - he was looking out for his own skin- his boss actually praised him for being so clever -- but the point was that Jesus wants us to serve God and only God -- if we are so busy looking after ourselves we are actually serving ourselves and not God -- Same thing with money - we can get wrapped up with making ourselves look good with money that we loose track of what is important -- Serving God is important -- not watching out for ourselves above serving God - So another story about a guy that had it made here on earth and a poor guy named Lazarus -- after they died the rich guy went to hell and Lazarus was in heaven - the rich guy wanted the poor guy to dip his finger into some water and touch his tongue with it since he was in such pain- Lazarus couldn’t do this cause there was a deep chasm between them - so the rich guy wanted someone to warn his brothers so that they wouldn’t end up in hell -- well no - that couldn’t be done either-- they have to listen to the prophets and believe themselves -- listen - read the Word - believe!
Genesis 27.46-28-22 - So Isaac calls Jacob in - he doesn’t want Jacob marrying women outside like Esau did -- So Isaac tells Jacob to take one of his cousins as his wife - Esau got word of how Isaac didn’t like how he had married the Canaanite women - so he married Ishamel’s daughter Mahalath. - So now Jacob is on his way - he goes to sleep with a rock as his pillow and has a dream - there is a ladder to heaven and angels are going up and down this ladder - God tells Jacob about giving him the land and having descendants - just like he did Isaac and Abraham -- Jacob know this place- this rock and the dream were special and worships God -- God gives wisdom to Jacob - even through rocks- God gives wisdom through Jesus the rock.
Psalm 21 - Be glad - God is near - trust in God - God rescued me - sing and praise God’s power
God’s always present with his people. Nothing can separate us from Christ.
Strengthen my faith and keep me firm in your Word as long as I live
Isaiah 9.1-4 - Come out of the dark and walk in the light of Jesus love and salvation - it’s time to be happy!
Colossians 3.12-17 - Clothe me with compassion, kindness, humility, meekness and patience - Abolve all, clothe me with love - let Jesus peace and Word live in me - may I prasie and sing to God and be happy for all he does
Psalm 75.1-9 - Thank you God!
Prayer- jesus- you have kept it straight for me - it’s not about money - it’s not about wealth - it’s about my relationship with you - it’s about your healing from the inside out - it’s about your salvation from the inside out - it’s about you being so close - so near - right next to me and with me in and through it all - it’s about you coming down that ladder - in a dream - but even more than a dream - for in reality you are here - it’s about you who come across that great chasm and show me your salvation - show me the pain you suffered for me to heal me and save me from sin and death - it’s about you- nothing can separate us - it’s about the compassion, kindness, humility, meekness and patience you show me - up close - in my face - send me out with your great example of love - it’s about that love - send me out with your love to the world you place me in to show that love to all -- it’s all about healing inside out - it’s time now to send me out --- Amen

No comments: