Monday, January 24, 2005

January 24th Reflection

Monday 1/24/2005
Luke 18.18-43 - A rich man came to Jesus and wanted to know how he could be into heaven - this man had been obeying the law - was there something else? - Jesus told him to sell everything he had and give it to the poor then come and follow Jesus-- I got to give all to Jesus -- that’s hard -- but in the end - there is no other choice - Jesus then tells the apostles as they are approaching Jerusalem how he will die- Jesus knows what his mission is on earth - but the apostles can’t see this mission or understand it -- but Jesus heals a blind man on the way - this man wanted to see and had faith the Jesus could help him- Jesus healed the man because of his faith -- may I see too?
Genesis 31 - God finally told Jacob it was time to leave Laban - so Jacob gets everything and sneaks off without telling Laban he was leaving -- well - before they left - Rachel took all of Laban’s household idols -- Laban finally catches on the Jacob had left and chases him down - scolds him and searches for his idols -- but Rachel is sitting on them and doesn’t get up because she is on her period- Laban buys the whole story and they set up some rocks and agree to depart from each other and not attack one another in the future - that Laban would really be under my skin by this time!
Psalm 24 - Everything belongs to God- Open the gates of my heart so God can come in
Jesus-Thank you for your saving acts of forgiveness, healing and salvation. Thanks for showing your love.
Don’t let me be drawn into temptation.
Galatians 1.11-24 - “But when God, who had set me apart before I was born and called me through his grace was pleased to reveal his Son to me, so that I might proclaim him…� -- it was time to go!! -- God came to me before I was born - God saved me- I didn’t save myself by even realizing it -- I just respond to that salvation and go!
Ephesians 1.15-23 - I see faith in others- may the eyes of theirs hearts be enlightened to see hope- to see God’s glorious power - to see this power put to work through themselves and all Christians - and to raise the name of Jesus above all else
Psalm 110 - God-I offer myself willingly to you
Prayer- Lord-It all belongs to you - may I give it all back to you - may I respond and give myself willingly to you - let it happen - cause it’s time to go - you tell the time - you show the way and then I go - all I need to do is respond to your salvation and go -- you did all the saving - use me this week as your servant - show me where, when and how to go - I’m ready. -- Amen

No comments: