Wednesday, January 19, 2005

January 19th Reflection

Wednesday 1/19/2005
Luke 14.25-35 -- Make Jesus my first priority- I must be willing to give everything to Jesus - even my life to follow him and be willing to suffer with him - prepare myself - plan to follow and be of value in God’s kingdom - it’s the most important thing
Genesis 26 - Seems like we go back a little here - but Isaac is wandering around and meets up with Abimelech -- I’ll bet Abimelech thought this family had some sister fettish or something -- this is just too weird -- father now son -- anyway Isaac is worried about Rebekah- he was afraid someone might kill him to get to her - so he tells everyone that Rebekah is his sister --Well King Abimelech happens to see Isaac kissing on Rebekah -- So Abimelech scolds Isaac for lying about his wife and tells everyone - This whole part makes you wonder about some of the stories in the Bible - If the people passing them along didn’t get them screwed up as to who did what -- it’s the same story as Abraham and Sarah earlier -- So Isaac did well for himself- Abimelech sent Isaac away but later made peace with him since Isaac became so rich and powerful - then a little blurb about Esau getting married to women outside his race.
Psalm 19 - God’s teachings last forever and are perfect - they give wisdom - it makes the heart glad and give me light - forgive me when I sin -forgive my faults - don’t let sin control my life - Let my words and my thoughts be pleasing to you- my rock and protector
God’s always present with his people. Nothing can separate us from Christ.
May I keep God’s name holy by teaching his Word in truth and purity and living in harmony with the Word
Psalm 18.1-6, 16-19 - I love you LORD - Pray to God for salvation - God will reach down to you and pull you up from the drowning waters of your sin and save you
Colossians 2.18-23 - Look to God’s values -- hold them high above any human values that exist
Psalm 40.1-8 - Wait patiently for God - he will save you - trust in God - praise God - God will make you happy - listen to God and do his will
Prayer - Jesus- you give me a cross to carry - you give me priorities in life- help me keep it all straight - help me to put the emphasis in my life on you - where it belongs - take my life and use it this day for your will - for your way - forgive me when I sin - forgive me when I try to cover for myself - for I must trust only in you - and look to your values and wait for your instruction on what to do this day in your kingdom. Lead me I pray - protect me and let me be a part of your kingdom. Amen

No comments: