Sunday, January 01, 2006

January 1st People Reflection

Sunday 1/1/2006

Luke 5.27-39-Jesus said, "Come along with me." And he did-walked away from everything and went with him.

Genesis 1-2-The Tree-of-Life was in the middle of the garden…

Psalm 1-…you don’t go to Smart-Mouth College. Instead you thrill to GOD’s Word, you chew on Scripture day and night.

Luke 2.15-21-Everything they had seen and heard was just as the angel said.

John 1.1-4-In the beginning was the one who is called the Word.

Psalm 90-Teach us to use wisely all the time we have.

"The message isn’t sending!"- Sarah sending a New Years text to friends- waiting till just the right time to send it- but the message delayed- it wouldn’t send as she had planned. I suppose it eventually went through-not sure though. I guess only the recipients know that for sure. Makes me think of the message God has for me- that message I must center on- that message to come with him- to walk away from everything and just go- that message of the Tree of Life in the center of the garden. I read that in Genesis and think and wonder if that tree in the center of the garden- in the center of my life- in the center of Luther’s Rose of faith isn’t the cross- did God create that cross right from the start and put it in the center of the garden- the center of paradise- there’s something to chew on day and night- that mystery of God- how awesome he really is- how loving he is- how he can take care of me before I even exist or even am aware that I need taken care of by placing a cross – a Tree-of-Life in the center of the garden from the beginning- no wonder the shepherds came back and said that everything was just as the angel had said- God already had the plan to save us in place before Jesus was even born- he had that cross – that Tree-of-Life placed in the center of the garden from the get go- In the beginning was one who is called the Word- there it is again- that Word is Christ- in the beginning- and my salvation was taken care of in the beginning – God teaches me- will I believe?- Will I trust God?- Will I see that Tree-of-Life- that tree that heals- that tree that saves- I believe and I trust in God- the one who saved me before I even knew I needed it-"The message isn’t sending!"—Oh yea?- that message was sent even before you made it! Thanks be to God! – Happy New Year- Happy New Life!!

Prayer-Lord thank you for transcending time and sending love on a Tree-of-Life- I believe and trust in you. -- Amen

No comments: